Thursday, April 1

Karma's got puppies.

My car's engine lost its magic blue smoke this morning, while I was on the freeway on the way to work. I know when the magic blue smoke escapes, there's nothing I can do to get it to start again, so I called my garage to come tow it in. Early this afternoon, they told me that it would be about $650 for a rebuilt engine. My mechanic says it might well be time to buy a new car. I said put a new engine in, and I'll save up for one.

And, like that wasn't bad enough, the boss decided he wants me working in the office until my car is running again. He's got me organizing the filing system, today, and wants me to start on coming up with a better system for incoming contracts as soon as I'm done with the closed files. And, I had to fight to get him to pay me even a bottom-rung secretary's wage, since I'm usually on commission.

Happy April Fools' Day to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment